Monday, July 21, 2008

Everything's back to normal now...

My sister Abby has gone back to her studies in the UK. With her departure ends two months spent with my sisters.

I love my sisters. They're great in their own little ways. Abby is an analytical mind with a closeted creative side. Belay is a creative mind, but seemingly forced into a profession she doesn't particularly like for earning's sake. And she still manages to thrive.

I'm also quite proud of the two of them. Belay is interning for Merryl-Lynch, and may end up with that high-paying gig for a few years after her graduation. (Probably until she has enough to do stuff she actually loves.) Abby just got a first class ranking in her Master's course in Chemistry at Oxford. My only real regret is that they're probably not coming back.

I'm going to miss them. Although, its probably good to have everything settle down. I've been having trouble writing while they're here, since I spend more time with them. And its probably nice not to be nagged about not aiming high enough. (I resisted going to the UK and doing what they did a few times.)

God bless 'em though. I hope they'll be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment