Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions

Okay, since it's a new year and people tend to have resolutions during the new year, I've tried coming up with a few of my own. Since it's hard to keep a long list of idealistic resolutions, its best to keep it short and...well...manageable.

My Resolutions

1. Lose some weight. (For practical reasons, not cosmetic ones, mind you.)
2. Try to get back into teaching.
3. Increase my creative output.
4. Learn something new.
5. Be less obnoxious.
6. Be more chilled out in my blog posting.

Predicted Results for Each Resolution

1. Retain the same weight I started with.
2. No comment.
3. There will be an increase in quantity, but not necessarily quality.
4. I'll learn something related to something I'm already good at and call it "new".
5. Results will depend on the sapient-to-dumbass ratio of people encountered.
6. Will be met once Obama rises from the dead and makes it rain Valium. (If you listen to his nut-huggers, I hear its quite possible.)

Pragmatism over idealism, folks.

4 comments: