Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pizza Girl

This is the promotional poster for a no-budget flick I helped co-produce, along with my good friend Joem Antonio. (Albeit reluctantly. I'm a writer at heart, not a producer.)

It's called "Pizza Girl". Our little unofficial production outfit, Indio Pictures, is holding an advanced screening for the benefit of WYD attendee Mia Tapiador, one of our friends from the University of Asia and the Pacific who's recently graduated. It will be shown on June 27, 2008, at room acb302 at the ACB building of the University of Asia and the Pacific at 7:45 PM. Seating is limited, and tickets cost Php 75, with a free Krispy Kreme donut thrown in. [/end of plug]

As to what this movie is all about, there is disagreement even among the people who made it. (Very indie, wouldn't you say?) Joem thinks its about honesty. I believe its about *spoiler alert* dealing with rejection. *end spoiler alert* He's the writer, so his opinion trumps mine. In any case, its the story of a young man with a priority clash; his pride or the girl of his dreams.

Why watch it? For me...the girl's pretty and the guy is a dumbass I can relate to. That's enough for me. The story is one that doesn't get enough air time in romantic movies.

The writer has his summary here. Is it gritty? I'll disagree with my friend. I've seen puppies with more grit than this movie. Is it uncompromising? I guess...since there isn't anything in it that would merit a debate to compromise. Is it heart-warming? Yup. Apparently, FGD's say clueless guys are fun and heartwarming. (How else do you explain Star World's prime time comedy lineup?) Is it educational? I suppose so.

But ultimately, the best reason to watch this thing because its fun, with its own distinct charm. I hope whoever watches it has as much fun watching it as we had making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment