Friday, November 6, 2009

Random Thoughts on the Week At Large 07.11.09

A week with no internet...brrr.... My antenna got knocked down by the last storm. It won't be fixed til Sunday. Right now, I'm mooching off of kindly neighbors. Just because they don't know about it doesn't mean I'll appreciate the non-existent sentiment any less.

***

Dissent in Hollywood has a price. That awesome show I once mentioned here premiered to record-breaking ratings for a sci-fi show. However, the show garnered some harsh critics from the literati, who were disturbed from their daily Obama fellatio by what they see as frightening parallels to the tinpot messiah's presidency. The show's producer has already been replaced by the network. The irony is, the producer in question, Scott Peters (also responsible for "4400") is a raving Obama fanboy who expedited his US citizenship application in order to vote for him.

Nice to see somebody prick the Obama bubble once in a while. I'm sure, with all these fits of swooning by media types, the show will end up descending into banal moral relativism ala Battlestar Galactica.

Still, viva la resistance.

***

Way too much COD 4 this week. This game makes me realize how old I am. Younger players with better reaction times regularly turn me into a bullet cushion.

***

Being without Internet for the week has made me realize how nice it is to be able to read. Just went through Lord of the Rings again. And Silmarillon.

***

One thing I remember hating about the LOTR movies...it was Meriadoc who undid the spell that held the Witch King together when he used the Westernesse blade from the Barrow Downs on him, not Eowyn Warrior fucking Princess. "I am no man" my ass. Neither was Merry.

***

Finally got to rehearse with a functioning cast (and some sounds) today. Rachelle finally came around, and Miko took his accent from Melbourne to the East End of London. Miko still does his Batman voice due to illness, but at least this won't be much of a problem down the line. Rachelle looks prettier without make-up. Maybe its because she seems more cooperative without make-up on. Maybe I should ban make-up.

Whatever else I may say, I love this crew I'm working with. Even if we do seem cursed.

***

The funny thing about that movie "Jennifer's Body" is that, apparently, you don't get to see all that much of it. (And no, I'm not willing to waste money verifying this.)

***

A kundiman band is wasted on "Nobody But You". That song is awful. Just saying.

***

According to the boys, that girl in a picture in the UA&P brochure (standing beside Steph Sol) looks like Maria Ozawa. I don't see the resemblance. But, I do understand the sentiment behind such an assertion. After all, I once had a student I thought looked like Olivia Wilde. In retrospect, she doesn't. Not even close. Olivia Wilde is hawt.

***

Did I just spell it h a w t?

No comments:

Post a Comment