Friday, November 27, 2009

2nd Show

The second show was threatened by more potential headaches. Jonas told me he cannot go on the 5th, which means that my carefully crafted schedule goes right out the window. As it now stands, both of his shows are with Kaye. I forced him to go on tonight instead of Miko. I hope his next show will be seen by his and kaye's blockmates. That would fire them up.

Then, there was Kaye. She has had no more than five rehearsals since coming back from her vacation hiatus. She was still missing lines, and was very nervous about going on with so little preparation.

But those fears were all gone once the show ended. I had worries about the viability of the Jonas - Kaye tandem, since they couldn't stop snickering at each other during rehearsals. But once the stage lights came up, they did their part. It was a bit too fast, but the energy was there and the audience was along for the ride. And Kaye made me remember why I immediately secured her services after her audition. She was believable, and she played the part to an almost perfect T. She even failed to follow some of my instructions, and it still looked good! (Coincidentally, I am revising some of my instructions.)

Oh, and Jonas made it through the seven count without dropping Kaye. Although, it was a bit scary.

Overall, we've proven that the first show was not a fluke. Now to do something about that damn door....

Watch Quandary on these dates:

Dec. 1, 7:30 pm
Dec. 3, 7:30 pm
Dec. 4, 7:30 pm

ALB Dining Hall, University of Asia and the Pacific

No comments:

Post a Comment