Thursday, August 13, 2009

This is How You Do It

I have found a counter-story to that awful and disgusting essay from the Atlantic that I highlighted a few weeks back. You know, the one with that idiot who divorced her husband because he wasn't giving her the stomach butterflies anymore.

This is an essay wrote by Laura Munson for the NY Times (*gasp*). She's some sort of writer who lives on a farm...I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that she sounds like the most kickass wife in the world.

But wait. This isn’t the divorce story you think it is. Neither is it a begging-him-to-stay story. It’s a story about hearing your husband say “I don’t love you anymore” and deciding not to believe him. And what can happen as a result.

I think the story speaks for itself. Pope John Paul II once spoke of a "feminine genius". I think I now have a better idea about what that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment