Thursday, April 1, 2010

Random Thoughts on The Week at Large 4.1.2010

I just saw "Blindside" this weekend. It was a good movie. Part of what made it awesome was realizing that Sandra Bullock can be really hot if she just stopped playing roles like she's pretending to be 25 and livin' the dream.

***

I also realized that if we played American Football here, I would be a millionaire. Some pro team would finally have something to do that would fall right into my skill set: being wide, and able to move a bit. That wide guy who blocks for the quarterback? Second-highest paid athlete on a professional American Football team on average, after the quarterback.

***

One of the hardest and most disgusting things about having your mom seeing someone who isn't your dad is the PDA. Even if its minor. Somebody kill me please.

***

Good thing he had his daughter along for the trip. Sure, she was 15, but she talked like she was 25. So, I pretended to see nothing of mom and Mr. Yuck while discussing possible historical frameworks for my upcoming local history of Mandaluyong with a girl who still paints her fingernails blue. That was one kick-ass 15 year-old. Coincidentally, she is home-schooled. Suck on that, public school.

***

While walking around in Shang, I saw a listing of movies now showing and one of the movies was a certain "I Love You Philip Morris". Thinking it was a politically-incorrect ode to the cigarette giant, I went up to see the poster. It turned out to be a gay movie about some fag name Philip Morris or some shit. That was god-awful. What has been seen can never be un-seen.

***

The Stations of the Cross in High Street was wierd. Instead of meditating, you end up doing a different activity per station. Sort of like if the Stations of the Cross were designed by a sorority sister during rush week. Good intentions all around, I'll give them that. I suppose expecting a reverence for tradition in an activity designed by Mag:Net people is like expecting fat kids to run a mile under a minute. Good effort, but dream on.

***

The guy with a guestbook at the end of the Stations was an American. I thought I smelled Manifest Destiny. Turns out, it was just a Krispy Kreme.

***

After watching two seasons of "Chuck", I wanted to change my desktop background from Olivia Wilde to Yvonne Strahovski (there's a sexy name). Then I realized how pathetic this was. A relationship takes commitment.

***

This "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" has potential. I read a few chapters, and it was pretty funny. I'm sure the next series of books, "Wall Scribblings of a Dumb Jock", will be just as funny.

***

I also saw a Spanish movie called "Diario de una ninfómana", right after "Blind Side". Don't ask. Anyway, it's the story of this Spanish chick whose grandmother tells her to be herself, despite knowing the fact that "being herself" means "fucking every guy within a ten meter radius". She has tons of meaningless (and surprisingly boring) sex, gets into a marriage that fails, becomes a prostitute, then quits the brothel upon learning her life lesson: "be yourself". Considering that it was "being herself" that got her into that vicious cycle in the first place, the movie should have been titled "Retarded Grandmother Gives Bad Advice".

***

That's the last time I watch a Spanish indie flick. You'd think they were copying Filipinos or something. I suppose it is God's punishment for me watching a movie about a girl who strips naked every five minutes, and doing so on Holy Week. Punishment accepted.

***

Have a blessed Holy Week, guys! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment