Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Morons at the PDIC

Recently, I got a National Library card and affixed my signature at the back. This ID would have served as a third ID sample so the PDIC can give my Mom her trust fund money back after the bank she deposited it in went under.

According to Mom, my sig has to be exactly the same as the one in my passport before the idiots (my word) at PDIC recognized them.

Did these fucking idiots ever study forgery? It is when presented with an absolutely exact copy of a signature that you should be suspicious.

Human beings have a reasonable variance in the signatures they put on paper. Signatures all look similar, but never are they absolutely alike, unless you're some obssessive-compulsive. Amateur forgers look to duplicate a signature exactly. The best ones try to imitate that reasonable variance, difficult as it is.

You government-sponsored insurance company at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment