Friday, January 29, 2010

I Should Marry a Pretty Woman

So says the Journal of Family Psychology.

Further, in contrast to the importance of matched attractiveness to new relationships, similarity in attractiveness was unrelated to spouses' satisfaction and behavior. Instead, the relative difference between partners' levels of attractiveness appeared to be most important in predicting marital behavior, such that both spouses behaved more positively in relationships in which wives were more attractive than their husbands, but they behaved more negatively in relationships in which husbands were more attractive than their wives. These results highlight the importance of dyadic examinations of the effects of spouses' qualities on their marriages.

And you know what? I'm not about to disagree.

PS
Of course, there is more to marriage than the pretty, which fades with age. But if her being more attractive than me helps, then I'm wholeheartedly for it! Hehehehe....

Of course, the bar's not very high anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Luckily, the guy I like is ugly! :))
    kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's the other study, right?
    Looks come from the guy and the brains come from the girl.

    Whichever study is correct, I'm still lucky. :))
    Bwahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not always true.

    My youngest sister has my mom's looks and my dad's intelligence, which explains why she's the only one amongst us siblings who enjoys math.

    So, it's still a roll of the die, hehe.

    ReplyDelete