Saturday, July 4, 2009

I Don't Know What to Call This

I'm at a loss for a title for this post.

Funny but Sad? Britain Ruled (And Soon to Be Populated) by the Stupids? Horrors in Public Education? "Where's Your Holistic Education Now"?

In any case, I found this story to be dripping in hilarious irony.

STUDENTS who failed to understand the words “despotic tyranny” have been complaining about their history A-level exam.

It is claimed the question “How far do you agree that Hitler’s role 1933-45 was one of despotic tyranny?” was too confusing for some students to understand.

A protest group called Despotic Tyranny Ruined My Life has been set up on Facebook.

So far 1,151 people have joined the group, leaving comments such as “My life is DESTROYED because of this exam. Seriously” and “This exam made me sad”.

The essay question featured on an Edexcel A Level exam paper sat last week.

A number of teachers have also posted comments on an online history teachers’ discussion forum, claiming that their students would not know what the words “despotic” and “tyranny” meant.

Waaah! But my teachers told me I was a "higher ability" student!

Oh, and if you ever feel like kicking someone in the nuts, drop by their Facebook page and give them the definition of a "despotic tyranny".

Or, simply punch out a British public educator. They're the ones responsible for this plague of stupidity.

6 comments: