Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Canterbury Tale

Here's a parody of the the buffoonery of the Anglican hierarchy, laid out in a way only a lover of Ye Olde Englishe could appreciate.

"Heere Bigynneth the Tale of the Asse-Hatte

my favorite lines:

41  Sayth the libertine, “’tis well and goode

42  But sharia goes now where nae it should;

43  I liketh bigge buttes and I cannot lye,

44  You othere faelows can’t denye,

...

53  “But Father Williams,” sayed the Gaye-manne

54  “Though I am but a layman

55  The Mussleman youthes hath smyte me so

56  Whan on streets I saunter wyth my beau.”

57  Sayed the Bishop in a curt replye

58  “I am as toolrant as anye oothere guy,

59  But if Mussleman law sayes no packynge fudge,

60  Really nowe, who are we to judge?”

...

98  Of Englande folk, one thynge is certan:

99  Dying by theyr own thousande cuts,

100  The Englande folk are folking nuts.

101 BURMA SHAVE


"Folking nuts" indeed!

Iowahawk is brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment