Saturday, July 17, 2010

If I Were to Practice One Eccentric Sport...

...it would be jousting.

I mean, come on, look at these guys!

Not pictured: flopping for penalties and charging fouls

If this becomes a professional sport, I hope some sports channel carries it.

Look at it: all the violence of American football and some really sweet-looking armor. As a combat sport, it suffers from a system that pauses after spurts of action (like American football and boxing) in order to allow fallen competitors to regroup, and this opens it to exploitation by advertisers. However, there is no rolling around and writhing together for whole rounds like in MMA. Plus, you are assured of bone-crunching hits and flowing testosterone.

All this while wearing some of the most beautiful armor ever made.

Sign me up.

PS

On the downside, its really expensive.

2 comments:

  1. It was once my dream to watch a jousting match live. :D I love the jousting scenes in movies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Nobody stages jousts here though. :(

    ReplyDelete